Machinery Lubrication I (ML I) provides the foundational skillset for applying best lubrication practices and product knowledge. Through ML I, students can move away from the “old school” methods of vague, non-specific lubrication procedures and implement an excellent lubrication program in any industrial workplace.
ML I students gain much more than pointers on lubricating a machine – they learn proven industry methods for selecting, storing, filtering and testing lubricants to boost reliability and generate lasting results in machine efficiency/maintenance. They also gain better understanding of oil analysis, so they can align their efforts with those of maintenance professionals or oil analysis experts.
Effective Oil Analysis With Precision Oil Sampling
Learn how to get data-rich oil samples, exactly where to install oil sampling ports, and what sampling equipment should and shouldn’t be used.
What You’ll Learn
- How Lubrication Affects Machine Reliability
- Identify what strategy is being used in your plant and how it affects profitability
- Lubrication Fundamentals
- Oil viscosity, film, mineral/synthetic properties, and more
- Lubricant Application
- Unique lubrication considerations for machines, work type and speed
- Application methods and devices
- Storage and Handling
- Storage, handling and disposal best practice
- Bulk do’s and don’ts
- Contamination Control
- 10 ways to get more mileage out of filters
- How dirt, metal particles and soot destroy machine surfaces
- Essential Field Inspections
- Get big results from simple, visual inspections
Course Length:24 hours
License:1 seat x 365 days*
This course is aligned with the ICML body of knowledge for the following certifications:
Machinery Lubrication Technician, Level I Certification (MLT I)
Machinery Lubrication Analyst, Level I Certification (MLA I) - ISO 18436-4
*When you purchase an online training course, you are purchasing a 1-seat license for 365 days from the date of purchase. Only one person may view the training materials. The seat license is not based on concurrent connections and may not be shared by other users. Only one person will receive a Noria certificate of completion for the course (this is not the same as an ICML certification) and ICML certification fees are not included in the course price.