Thoroughly revised and updated, this best selling book presents a logical, step-by-step methodology that will enable any company to conduct a cost-effective benchmarking effort. It presents an overview of the benchmarking process, a detailed form for surveying and "grading" maintenance management, and a database of the results of more than 100 companies that have used this survey.
- Provides a clear, concise benchmarking methodology.
- Clearly explains and interprets the most current maintenance benchmarks.
- Contains a benchmarking database from more than 100 companies.
- Features current maintenance/asset management philosophies.
- Offers more information on self-analysis.
Table of Contents
- Analyzing Maintenance Management
- Benchmarking Fundamentals
- Maintenance Organizations
- Maintenance Training
- Work Order Systems
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Preventive Maintenance
- Maintenance Inventory and Purchasing
- Maintenance Reporting and Analysis
- World Class Maintenance Management
- Integration of Maintenance Management
- Benchmarking Best Practices in Maintenance Management
About the Author
Terry L. Wireman serves as Senior Vice President of Strategic Development at Vesta Partners, LLC. Mr. Wireman leads Vesta's Maintenance and Reliability Seminars and Training and provides strategic guidance to help Vesta Partners shape its market strategy and long-term direction. For over two decades, Mr. Wireman has been specializing in the improvement of maintenance management and reliability. He helps customers develop "Best-In Class" maintenance and reliability policies and practices.
As an international expert in maintenance management, he assisted hundreds of clients in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim to improve their maintenance effectiveness. Mr. Wireman serves as Member of Advisory Board at Vesta Partners, LLC. In addition, he has authored fifteen books and numerous white papers and articles related to maintenance management process and technology.