Machinery Lubrication Engineer Online
Solid competency related to lubricants and lubrication is vital to facilities around the world. Go beyond the traditional lubricant and lubrication subjects and undertake a holistic approach toward developing, implementing and managing a world-class lubrication program with the Machinery Lubrication Engineer (MLE)® course.
Laser-Focused Lubricant and Lubrication Expertise
By connecting the objectives of a lubrication program with the core topics of reliability and asset management, the MLE course enables reliability and asset leaders to develop expertise related to lubricants and lubrication. Focusing on the strategic challenges faced by plant lubrication professionals, MLE also delves into maintenance and reliability concepts, placing an emphasis on lubrication and asset management. Through this course, you will gain the required knowledge for applying lubrication engineering skills to effectively provide engineering leadership to a typical industrial plant, mill or site. The MLE curriculum is fully aligned with the body of knowledge of the International Council for Machinery Lubrication’s MLE certification. It also comes with supplemental training materials to ensure knowledge retention.
What you’ll learn
- Management of lubricated machinery assets in the context of ICML 55.1 and ISO 55001
- Optimization of lubrication management, lubricant selection and lubrication maintenance
- How to systematically analyze abnormal events where lubrication is the cause or a contributing cause
- How to manage a lubrication team, including lubrication technicians and lubricant analysts
- Management of lubrication suppliers and service providers
- Lubrication preventive maintenance and work orders
- How to write specific lubrication procedures consistent with best practice for various tasks
- Determine the optimum reference state for lubricant handling, storage, consumption and conservation, as well as new machinery specifications and commissioning
- Environmental conservation practices, including best practices in waste oil and used filter disposal
- Manpower planning, administration, staff training and certification
- Lubrication information management system(s)
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and troubleshooting
- FMEA and reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) planning initiatives
- RCFA activities relating to failures of grease- or oil-lubricated machinery
- Reporting and performance metrics
- How to define overall lubrication program goals, budgets and plans
- How to evaluate proposed lubrication capital expenditures using standard economic analysis methods
- Annual lubrication audits and benchmarking services
- Implementing overall lubrication effectiveness (OLE) metrics and other key performance indicators
- How to reach diagnostic and prognostic conclusions and then implement any associated action plans, including but not limited to changes in machinery design, lubricant selection, lubricant application methods, lubrication maintenance plans and prescribed analytical methods
Includes Noria Academy*
Obtaining certification can be a challenge; new terms, concepts and topics can overwhelm even the most experienced reliability professionals. The Noria Academy app can help!
Noria Academy Includes:
- Interactive Flashcards
- Timed Practice Exam
- Quick Question Review
MLE Students Also Receive:
- Access to Exclusive WhatsApp MLE Exam Support Group (whose membership includes all Noria instructor MLEs)
- Digital version of the course manual
- Scheduled Q&A Session with an MLE-certified instructor
Instructors:Bennett Fitch, Jim Fitch, Wesley Cash, Jerry Putt
Course Length:24 hours
License:1 seat x 365 days*
This course is aligned with the ICML body of knowledge for the following certifications:
Machinery Lubrication Engineer Certification (MLE)
*When you purchase an online training course, you are purchasing a 1-seat license for 365 days from the date of purchase for both the training materials and the Noria Academy app. Only one person may view the training materials. The seat license is not based on concurrent connections and may not be shared by other users. Only one person will receive a Noria certificate of completion for the course (this is not the same as an ICML certification) and ICML certification fees are not included in the course price.
Purchasing for multiple locations?
Check out the Enterprise Server version.