Like many companies, you may already be winging your way around oil analysis. Perhaps trying to predict failures, or just basing oil drains on your oil analysis report recommendations. Either way, you probably know there’s a lot about oil analysis you haven’t mastered … and you might be wondering what you are missing. Wouldn’t you like to know ALL about what oil analysis can do for you? Now you can!
Maintenance professionals in Oil Analysis II (OA II) will gain everything they need to properly sample, monitor health and detect additive, thermal and particle factors that degrade lubricants via on-site tests and lab analysis. They will review case studies, read and interpret oil analysis reports and participate in group problem-solving exercises.
This course is aligned with the ICML body of knowledge for the following certification:
Machinery Lubrication Analyst, Level II Certification (MLA II) - ISO 18436-4, II
Instructors:Technical Services, Noria Corporation
Course Length:24 hours
License:1 seat x 365 days*
Purchasing for multiple locations?Check out the Enterprise Server version.
Includes Noria Academy*
Obtaining certification can be a challenge; new terms, concepts and topics can overwhelm even the most experienced reliability professionals. The Noria Academy app can help!
Noria Academy Includes:
- Interactive Flashcards
- Timed Practice Exams
- Quick Question Review
- Focused Study Options
- Rich Performance Feedback
What You'll Learn
- Oil Sampling Best Practices; find the best sampling locations, ensure the sample is not contaminated, safely extract samples from circulating or high-pressure systems
- Fluid Properties; root causes of oil degradation, oxidation, and thermal stress – how to identify improper additives or depletion
- Contamination Control; most common contaminants, case studies for proactive maintenance and best filtration methods
- Wear particles and Faults; friction in lubricated machinery, methods of detection for wear particles and instrument-free testing
- Test Results and Oil Analysis Report Interpretation; review oil analysis reports to identify the factors which can contribute to machine failure or downtime
*When you purchase an online training course, you are purchasing a 1-seat license for 365 days from the date of purchase for both the training materials and the Noria Academy app. Only one person may view the training materials. The seat license is not based on concurrent connections and may not be shared by other users. Only one person will receive a Noria certificate of completion for the course (this is not the same as an ICML certification) and ICML certification fees are not included in the course price.