Online Training: Introduction to Lubrication Fundamentals
- Vendor: Noria Corporation
- Type: Online Training
Standardizing the basic skills and knowledge of those using and maintaining equipment each day is the most crucial element of a world class lubrication program. This course is all about establishing that essential understanding of lubricant functions, properties, applications and proper handling/use for personnel with little or no mechanical background. ILF is the first major step to positively impacting plant performance through standardized procedures.
Includes an online Student Workbook for each course.
Course Length:60 mins
License:Each seat x 365 days*
*You are purchasing single-seat licenses for 365 days from the date of purchase. Only one person per seat may view the training materials. The seat license is not based on concurrent connections and may not be shared by other users.
Purchasing for multiple locations?
Check out the Enterprise Server version.
- The Importance of Lubrication for Reliable Machinery
- Explanation of a Lubricants Functions Including:
- Friction Control
- Wear Control
- Corrosion Control
- Temperature Control
- Contamination Control
- Power Transmission
- Descriptions of Friction and Wear
- Demonstration of the Three Lubrication Regimes
- How Lubricants are Formulated
- Important Properties of Base Oils
- The Differences Between Mineral and Synthetic Lubricants
- Semi-Synthetic Lubricants
- Non-toxic and Biodegradable Lubricants
- Common Lubricant Additives and Their Functions
- Viscosity Defined
- Consequences of Lubricant Viscosity that Is Too High or Low
- Lubricant Oxidation: Causes and Effects
- Anatomy of a Grease
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Grease Lubrication
- Grease Properties